Get your daily digest of crypto-asset and blockchain news – by investigating the stories that go under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- Morgan stanley CEO James Gorman is less critical of crypto than some of his fellow investment bank executives. “I don’t think crypto is a fad. I don’t think it’s going to go away, ”Gorman said during the bank’s third quarter earnings call Thursday, Bloomberg said. reported. “I don’t know what the value of bitcoin should or shouldn’t be. But these things are not going to go away, ”added the CEO.
- American venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) noted he sets up a new $ 515 million fund “to invest in crypto networks and businesses.” The fund will particularly focus on the following areas: Next Generation Payments, Modern Store of Value, Decentralized Finance, New Ways for Creators to Monetize and Web 3.0, they added.
- Aurora Laboratories, which is developing an Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) scaling solution for decentralized applications on NEAR, announcement Thursday, he raised $ 12 million in his first round. The round was joined by several well-known venture capital funds, including Capital of the Panthers, Electric capital, Capital of the dragonfly, and others.
- Mapping platform TradingView announced a new investment round of 298 million USD led by Global Tiger, which brings its valuation to 3 billion USD. The company also recently reported a 400% increase in accounts created and a 237% increase in platform visitors over the past 18 months.
- Crypto regulation “must be pursued urgently”, noted Jon Cunliffe, Deputy Governor for Financial Stability at the bank of england (BoE). He added that regulatory oversight could help the great potential of the crypto industry to flourish in a sustainable way. “Technology and innovation have driven the improvement of finance throughout history. Crypto technology offers great opportunities,” Cunliffe said.
- The Digital Book Foundation To spear, as an independent forum to support the implementation of a well-designed pound sterling and digital currency ecosystem. The foundation intends to work on creating an ecosystem that encompasses both CBDCs and private forms of digital currency. Projects such as avalanche, As to, and Ripple are among the original members of the group.
- The G7 released a set of public policy principles for retail central bank digital currencies (CBDCs) as well as a statement by G7 finance ministers and central bank governors on CBDCs and digital payments. The report covers a range of important issues such as financial stability, operational resilience and cybersecurity, energy efficiency, privacy, inclusion and tackling illicit financing, noted the announcement, adding that: “These factors should all be taken into account when designing and potentially delivering a CBDC that would be suitable for the future.”
- British crypto trader Sanjay Singh, 40, was jailed after being caught bypassing the power grid to power the machines he used for his financial transactions, The Leicester Mercury reported. Singh admitted to ‘summing up’ electricity worth up to 32,000 GBP ($ 43,841) at two sites in Leicestershire where he operated bitcoin mining machines, Leicester Crown Court heard Tuesday. Investigations suggested he deceived the electricity supplier with tens of thousands of pounds of electricity.
- The Bitcoin mining company listed in the United States Encryption extraction said he would buy 28,000 to 56,000 next-gen Bitcoin mining machines from Bitfury for a price of $ 6,250 per platform, a deposit with the USA Security and Trade Commission (SEC) revealed Monday.
- The payment card giant Visa noted he’s teamed up with non-fungible token (NFT) artist Micah Johnson to support the “creator economy”. “We are excited about the future of NFT business and what this technology can offer small and micro business owners in the designer economy,” the company added.
Please follow and like us: