WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Owners and operators of various farms are invited to join Purdue Extension Indiana specialists and educators and agro-industries for a free virtual series, Direct Farm Marketing.
Extension specialists and educators, as well as guest speakers, will discuss how to improve sales of value-added products, animal products and processing through marketing education. Participants will learn the basics of direct marketing and specific market types and strategies.
Purdue Extension educators from Allen, Dekalb, Hancock, Howard, LaGrange, St. Joseph and Warrick counties host the Direct Farm Marketing Series from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. ET Wednesdays April 21 through May 26, via Zoom. The series program is as follows:
- April 21th : Basics of direct on-farm marketing and market planning.
- April 28: Farmers’ markets and roadside stalls.
- May 5: Pick your own and agritourism.
- May 12: Agriculture supported by consumers.
- May 19: Wholesale markets (food centers and farm to school).
- May 26: Value-added processing.
Writer: Abby Leeds, 765-494-7817, [email protected]
Source: Steve Engleking, [email protected]
Agricultural communications: 765-494-8415;
Maureen Manier, Head of Department, [email protected]