Get your daily digest of crypto-asset and blockchain news – investigating the stories that slip under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- “I can’t tell you if [BTC is] goes to $ 80,000 or 0. But I think there is a huge role for a digital currency, ”Larry Fink, CEO of the world’s largest asset manager, Black rock, told CNBC.
- Meanwhile, Barry Sternlicht, American billionaire and co-founder, chairman and CEO of the investment fund Starwood Capital Group, explained why he owns BTC:
- US-based encryption platform Voyager Digital Ltd. announced that the company itself, its wholly owned subsidiary LGO Europe SAS and its leadership were declared “Fit and Proper” to operate in France and in the European Union. “By taking advantage of the recent acquisition of Coinify, which offers fully compliant KYC and AML solutions as well as fiat access ramps in over 20 currencies, Voyager is positioned for a first launch of our trading application in select European countries at the end of the March 2022 quarter, ” Steve Ehrlich, CEO and co. -Founder of Voyager, was cited as told.
- Marcy Venture Partners, the venture capital firm co-founded by Shawn ‘JAY-Z’ Carter, invests in Space labs (sLABS), a technology incubator focused on the metaverse and blockchain-based products, according to to the display panel. sLABS aims to launch its first product next year called LNQ, a blockchain-enabled hardware platform that should provide young creators with better tools for using the metaverse.
- Blockchain accelerator Morningstar Ventures announced a $ 15 million investment fund for the construction of projects with Elrond (EGLD) blockchain technology, as well as a new strategic Elrond incubator in Dubai. The first project to receive a strategic investment from the Morningstar fund is colorid, a multimedia reality platform that seeks to add new dimensions to every car journey through the use of virtual reality, moving sensors and haptic feedback devices, with a content economy running on the blockchain Elrond.
- Bitcoin mining company Greenidge Generation Holdings plans to sell $ 50 million worth of five-year bonds, according to to a deposit with the United States Securities Commission (SECOND). Greenidge plans to raise about $ 48.25 million from the sale, which it will use to pay off other debt and fund capital spending and future acquisitions.
- Jambb, a digital comedy collectibles marketplace, said it closed a $ 3.5 million seed funding and announced it was aiming for an official launch on the Flow blockchain in early November. The tour was co-led by Capital of Arrington and Animoca brands.
News from the exchanges
- Binance announcement that it will remove the CNY trade zone and stop providing services to mainland Chinese users, as they claim to have withdrawn from that region in 2017. All users still found on the platform will have their accounts changed to “withdrawn” only ”and they will have to close their accounts within seven days.
- Binance and SS Lazio SpA signed a partnership agreement, with the exchange becoming the club’s new main sponsor. The sponsorship partnership has a duration of two years with an option for a third, for a total value, in the period of three years, between fixed and variable, of more than 30 million euros (34.7 million dollars) , they noted.
- Crypto exchange Coinbasethe digital wallet received the third highest number of complaints among the largest companies in the United States operating such wallets in the past four years, according to to the researcher on the interests of consumers Massachusetts Student Public Interest Research Group (MASSPIRG). The largest crypto exchange in the United States, Coinbase, received a total of 1,060 complaints over a one-year period from May 2020, including those regarding its digital wallet and domestic and international money transfers.
- The BetaShares The Crypto Innovators Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) (CRYP) will soon be available on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), noted the announcement. CRYP will aim to track the Bitwise Crypto Industry Innovators Index (before fees and expenses), developed by the crypto asset manager Bitwise.
- Coinzo, one of the largest crypto exchanges in Turkey, noted it is terminating its digital asset trading services. The platform said its website will remain live for the next six months to allow users to withdraw their holdings of cryptocurrency and Turkish fiat.
- Cryptographic platform Currency.com To announcement the launch of its over-the-counter crypto trading desk, Currency.com Prime. Aimed at high net worth individuals and institutional clients, the new trading desk will provide clients with trading solutions and advisory services to private clients to help them settle large volumes of cryptocurrency transactions.
- Venture capital company Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) will be sending several leaders to Washington, DC this week to explain to leaders on Capitol Hill and the White House why they should regulate the next generation of the Internet, Web 3.0, reported CNBC. The company defined Web 3.0 as “a group of technologies that encompass blockchain, crypto protocols, digital assets, decentralized finance, and social platforms.” (Learn more: a16z presents regulatory proposal as SEC chief focuses on consumer protection)
- The licenses to operate cryptocurrency in Estonia should be revoked and the system rebuilt from the ground up, the head of the Money laundering office (RAB) Matis Mäeker Recount investigative weekly Eesti Ekspress. Failure to do so may result in another Danish-style financial scandal, he said. The news comes amid revelations that despite a removal of licensees in 2020, more than 400 cryptocurrency operators are still active in Estonia.
News about adoptions
- Miami Mayor Francis Suarez said it was “a top priority” for the city to be able to pay government employees in BTC, according to at Bloomberg. Miami will issue a Request for Proposal this month to help create this payment mechanism and allow city residents to pay fees, and potentially even taxes, in BTC.
- SEBA Bank, a banking platform licensed for digital assets, announced the launch of SEBA Win, an institutional-grade solution allowing clients to earn a return on their crypto holdings. The launch responds to growing demand from institutions to handle a range of digital asset return use cases, from staking to decentralized finance (DeFi), to centralized lending and borrowing, they noted.
- Finastra and Cooked has announced its intention to make Bakkt’s digital marketplace and wallet available through Finastra’s open development platform and app store, FusionFabric.cloud. Through this partnership, Bakkt will be available to customers of community banks and credit unions, as part of Finastra’s Fusion Digital Banking solution, they said, adding that the solution will allow financial institutions to offer their customers. account holders access to the crypto market.
- Yuga Laboratories, the creators of the non-fungible token (NFT) project Bored Monkey Yacht Club, signed a representation contract with Guy Oseary, manager of Madonna and U2, according to to variety. The initiatives they are working on together will soon be shared with the community, ”Oseary told the point of sale.
- International humanitarian organization Doctors Without Borders To has received $ 3.5 million of ether (ETH) donated, from proceeds from an NFT sale. The donor, who remains anonymous, is “supported” by the Generative art and Art blocks NFT Communities.
- Kevin Durant and Rich Kleiman’s media network Meeting room and Dapper Laboratories, the company behind CryptoKitties and Best shot in the NBA, announcement a two-year branded partnership covering sponsorship and activations across the sports media network. The partnership will feature multiple touchpoints to bring the NBA Top Shot platform to life “in a unique way with special significance to Durant across the platform,” they said.
News on mergers and acquisitions
- Distributed infrastructure connecting blockchain and big data Constellation announced it has acquired a data analytics solution helping the retail brand Pain. With the acquisition, Constellation will acquire and encode Dor’s foot traffic data and link that data to other large consumer data sets “without compromising privacy.”
- Start of Blockchain technology Elrond Network announced the acquisition of Capital Financial Services SA (operated under the Twipay brand), a company licensed to operate an electronic money institution (EMI) in the European Economic Area. This could allow the company to offer accounts to customers with IBANs, associated debit cards, and payments with e-money currencies.
Please follow and like us: