The summer transfer window was unlike any other; see all the good deals and Find out how we rated the biggest signatures. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.
TOP STORY: Barça still see the way forward with Haaland
The 21-year-old is available via a £ 75million release clause in his contract this summer. It’s a fee that the report says is achievable for the club, but the bigger issue is due to the player’s salary requirements.
Barca believe he has a chance to land the striker, especially given the eagerness he and his agent had to travel to Camp Nou last year as the striker’s entourage performed several trips to other European clubs.
It has been reported that Barcelona also have € 20million to use to recruit in January, but they may need to keep that to be able to sign Haaland this summer.
The player’s agent Mino Raiola is expected to ask for € 20million per year on Haaland’s contract, a request they may struggle to meet in relation to the initial release clause.
The Norwegian international has joined Borussia Dortmund in 2020 from FC Salzburg and showed a murderous streak up front in the Bundesliga. This season alone, he has scored seven goals with four assists in five appearances, scoring 47 goals in 48 appearances in competition for the club as a whole.
– Barcelona will have to start from scratch in renewal negotiations with Sergi Roberto as the discussions stopped between the parties. According to Sports world, the talks had stopped between the agent of the player and the club. The youngster’s current deal expires next summer and he can discuss deals with clubs overseas in January.
– Newcastle United watch Wales international duo Aaron ramsey and Gareth Bale, according to the journalist Ekrem Konir. real Madrid would be unlikely to renew Bale’s contract which expires at the end of the season, meaning a return to the Premier League is a tempting option. As for Ramsey, Juventus are considering a potential midfield reshuffle, with the 30-year-old seen as an option to move on.
– Juventus hope to beat rivals by offering Weston McKennie in a potential deal for Aurelien Tchouameni, writing Transfer market. The Monaco midfielder has been linked with a slew of top European clubs, but the old lady needs to develop players in order to sign anyone in the midfield, with McKennie seen as one of the players free to leave.
– Juventus winger Federico chiesa is now valued at over € 100million by the club amid ties to other teams in recent weeks. According to Gazzetta dello Sport, the Italy international is highly regarded by the club just under a year after his Serie A debut. The 23-year-old has been heavily linked with Liverpool, Chelsea and Real Madrid in the past, with Juve still hoping to build a future around the winger.
– The real Betis are about to extend the youth’s contract Rodri Sanchez, according to LIKE. The 21-year-old attacking midfielder has impressed since joining the first team and is expected to sign a new deal until 2026 with a € 40million release clause.