Cathie Wood’s ARK Investment Management and investment products firm 21Shares are part of a new application to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to list a bitcoin futures exchange-traded fund (ETF).
- Wednesday deposit was submitted by Alpha Architect ETF Trust, with 21Shares listed as the fund’s sub-advisor.
- ARK Investment will provide marketing support, but will not make investment decisions or provide investment advice, according to the filing.
- If the application is successful, the ARK 21Shares Bitcoin Futures Strategy ETF will be listed on the Cboe BZX exchange under the ticker symbol “ARKA”.
- ARK and 21Shares previously joined the race to gain approval for a bitcoin ETF, filing with the SEC the list of the “ARK 21Shares Bitcoin ETF” in June.
- With no ETFs investing directly in bitcoin yet approved by the US market regulator despite more than a dozen applications this year alone, attention has been drawn to funds that invest in the bitcoin futures market. , what SEC Chairman Gary Gensler suggested would have a greater chance of gaining approval.
Read more: What is a Bitcoin Futures ETF?